The Serenity Programme
-Guided Online Self-Help for Anxiety & Depression
Would you like to feel happier and more relaxed?
The programme has been developed over a ten year period with service user participation every step of the way, and continues to evolve in the light of new research to keep abreast of the most recent and the most effective developments in clinical practice.
Developed by Steve Cottrell, a Consultant Nurse Therapist working for the NHS in Wales, the programme is in daily use in the NHS and has won several national health awards.
- At least 1 in 5 people are affected by depression or anxiety at some point in their lives. Because some don’t seek help, many people think the true figure is much higher.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) has been used successfully in the UK for several years to help people overcome the symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression.
- Many people have found that brief programmes of Computer-assisted Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (or ‘cCBT for short), especially when combined with support from another person, have helped them to overcome their symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression.
- The unique, award winning Serenity Programme brings together for the first time new approaches to CBT, alongside other tested and proven methods, to provide a new and comprehensive guided recovery programme that can help eliminate your symptoms and help you regain control of your life once more.
- The Programme helps us appreciate the relationship between how we feel, think and behave. Our greater understanding then helps us to identify more options to deal with our symptoms.
- You can see rapid gains in your health if you work through the web based programme and practise the exercises between modules.
- The Serenity Programme is fast, effective and easy to use; all you need is access to the Internet and our easy-to-use website
- The Programme can help you to make meaningful changes and to become healthy and symptom free.
- Award-winning Internet approach
- Work at your own pace
- Address problems specific to you
- Identify your own treatment goals
- Simple, fast, secure website
- Length and duration of programme can be adapted to your needs
- Monitor your own progress
- Simple to use
- As used in the NHS today
- Confidential – no personal data is stored or sent over the Internet
For further information and Programme contents please visit www.serene.me.uk
If you feel that this programme would benefit yourself then please contact:
Telephone: 01745 812461
Become a member of
Vale of Clwyd MindEver thought about
becoming a member?
View a calendar of
all our upcoming events
Please donate to help fund our cause
North Wales & North
Powys Recovery Network
Learn more about